15 February 2007

Boat refit

The painting has stopped due to the weather. I started building a new locker in the head yesterday and relocating the plumbing for the head to the inside of the new locker. So far it looks pretty good. Today the temp is only going to get up to 48 so I am going to light the heater for the first time. I'm also reworking the the engine exhaust. The other day I was relocating the exhaust out of the lazarette and started counting the number of hose connections from the muffler to the thru hull fitting. There where 6. I removed the three short pieces of hose and replaced with one long very expensive hose. At the thru hull there was an old gate-valve that I removed(the thru hull is above the water line) and replaced with a 45° ell and 1 1/4" to 2" bell with hose insert. Now there are only 2 hose connections. Better safe than sorry.

Tom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home